Tamar’s Center is a day center that provides shelter and care for women who suffer from addiction and are being exploited through human sex trafficking. Many of these women are homeless.
We act as a first responder, helping the women with their most urgent needs, ranging from food to security and from housing to medical care.
Although our day shelter is temporarily closed in light of COVID-19, there continues to be ongoing need in our community.
Food and supplies are being distributed daily at Tamar's Center.
Please click on the image for WCPO’s story on this continued need.
WCPO story (click image)
Donations and items for our pantry are always welcome and appreciated.
Our biggest needs consistently include:
* Clothing: jeans, leggings, t-shirts, belts (especially stretchable),
hoodies, jackets, purses
* Personal garments: adult sanitary underwear, socks, underwear
* Laundry supplies: liquid detergent, bleach
* Food stuff: individually packaged snacks, individually wrapped
candy, puff peppermints, ramen noodles, pop-top canned goods
* Paper goods: plates, bowls, napkins
* Winter outdoor gear: hand/feet warmers, scarves, gloves, hats
* Bath supplies: bath mats, bath towels, washcloths
* Personal supplies: deodorant, travel-sized bath/shower gel,
make-up, individual-sized hand sanitizer, individual-sized baby
powder, razors, individual-sized lotion, hairbrushes
* Bedding: twin fitted sheets, fleece/flannel blankets
Donations can be brought to Franciscan Ministries' main offices at the Centennial Barn (110 Compton Road) during regular business hours.
On average, the number of individual clients we see is currently over 100.
Over the past 18 months there has been a 256% increase in the number of client visits.
We rely on a small staff and dedicated volunteers to run the center each day. Volunteers, particularly those with a social work or medical background, are always needed.
Tamar's Center is open:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 2:00pm
Please contact us for more information: