Tamar's Center benefits from the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and United Way of Greater Cincinnati rapid-response fund. Click image for story.
Tamar’s Center is a day center that provides shelter and care for women who suffer from addiction and are being exploited through human sex trafficking. Many of these women are homeless.
We act as a first responder, helping the women with their most urgent needs, ranging from food to security and from housing to medical care.
Please click on the image above for WCPO’s story on the efforts of Tamar's Center during the COVID-19 crisis.
WCPO story (click image)
Donations are always welcome and appreciated.
Our biggest needs currently include:
* Clothing: jeans, leggings, hooded sweatshirts, winter coats, tights,
jackets, purses, backpacks, belts (especially stretchable),
* Shoes (please nothing with heels): sneakers, boots, flats
* Personal garments: new underwear, bras (regular and sports)
* Laundry supplies: liquid detergent, bleach
* Food stuff (shelf-stable): coffee, ramen noodles, pop-top canned
meats and meals, individually packaged snacks and crackers,
individually wrapped candy
* Winter outdoor gear: hand/feet/body warmers, scarves, gloves,
hats, sleeping bags, small tents
* Personal supplies: deodorant, individual-sized hand sanitizer,
individual-sized baby powder, baby wipes, fixodent, pregnancy
tests, travel-sized bath/shower gel, individual-sized lotion,
make-up, razors, hairbrushes
* Bedding: twin fitted sheets, fleece/flannel blankets
* Cleaning supplies: disinfecting wipes, rubbing alcohol (91% or 70%)
* For our wish-list of frequently needed items, please click here.
Donations can be brought to Franciscan Ministries' main offices at the Centennial Barn (110 Compton Road) during regular business hours.
On average, the number of individual clients we see is currently over 100.
Over the past 18 months there has been a 256% increase in the number of client visits.
We rely on a small staff and dedicated volunteers to run the center each day. Volunteers, particularly those with a social work or medical background, are always needed.
Tamar's Center is open:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 2:00pm
Philippus United Church of Christ
106 W McMicken Ave, Cincinnati, 45202