Tamar’s Center is a day center that provides shelter and care for women who suffer from addiction and are being exploited through human sex trafficking. Many of these women are homeless.
We act as a first responder, helping the women with their most urgent needs, ranging from food to security and from housing to medical care.
Tamar's is open:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 2:00pm
Donations and items for our pantry are always welcome and appreciated. Our biggest needs include:
* Clothing: jeans, leggings, t-shirts, belts (especially stretchable),
hoodies, jackets, purses
* Personal garments: adult sanitary underwear, underwear, socks
* Laundry supplies: liquid detergent, bleach
* Food stuff: individually packaged snacks, individually wrapped
candy, puff peppermints, ramen noodles, pop-top canned goods
* Paper goods: plates, bowls, napkins
* Winter outdoor gear: hand/feet warmers, scarves, gloves, hats
* Bath supplies: bath mats, bath towels, washcloths
* Personal supplies: deodorant, travel-sized bath/shower gel, make-up,
individual-sized hand sanitizer, individual-sized baby powder, razors,
individual-sized lotion, hairbrushes
* Bedding: twin fitted sheets, fleece/flannel blankets
Donations can be brought to Franciscan Ministries' main offices at the Centennial Barn (110 Compton Rd) during business hours.
On average, the number of individual clients we see is currently over 100.
Over the past 18 months there has been a 256% increase in the number of client visits.
We rely on a small staff and dedicated volunteers to run the center each day. Volunteers, particularly those with a social work or medical background, are always needed.